Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Can't you let the poor fellow rest in peace?

Around and around and around. The link below is to a story by a writer about a writer who has annotated and brought out a new version of Bram Stoker's Dracula. This got me to thinking about Scott Adams's Dilbert riff on degrees of separation of the work from the actual work. As in (when I'm actually working), I am a recruiter, mostly of people who design and build systems which allow people to manipulate symbols and thus plan the assignment of other people to actually go out and do something.

But that post is too long to write now, even if I come to understand what it will be trying to say; so I'd better stick with posting on my original reaction to reading the story linked to below. Now, though, I don't have a lot of time so I'm going to let you write this blog post in your own head by just asking a couple of questions.

Why must writers exhume the dead, so to speak, and write about such things?

Why can't writers let poor Dracula lie?

Can the undead never rest in peace?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122514491757273633.html?mod=article-outset-box#articleTabs%3Darticle

Update 7:30 PM: 81 93 80 ;>)

No comments: